Find things you can do together while apart. It’s important to find ways to spend time together while you are apart to continue to build and strengthen your relationship. Although you are not physically together, there are many great ways to spend time together and create shared experiences from afar. Here are some things that you and your partner can do to build connection and spend time together while social distancing:
- Watch a movie or TV series together. You can do this by watching the same thing while on a video call. There are also apps and websites such as Rabbit, which allow you to watch a movie or TV series with another person through the app/website. This is a great way to share your interests and stay connected with your partner!
- Read the same book. If you both like to read, you can take turns choosing a book to read at the same time. As you read, you and your partner can have conversations about the book you are reading, which can help you feel more connected and have fun while apart!
- Plan a video chat date night! A great way to spend time together while social distancing is to plan date nights over video chat, such as FaceTime or Skype.
- Find online games you both like to play. If you and your partner enjoy video or computer games, a great way to spend time together and feel more connected is by playing multiplayer games together, while talking on the phone.
- Listen to music together. Another way you and your partner can connect and spend time together is to share your favorite music with each other. You can create playlists for one another to listen to, helping you learn more about your partner and feel closer to one another.
We encourage you to try out some of these suggestions or to find other shared interests and activities that you can do together while you are apart!