Today, we’re wrapping up our Fifth Annual Healthy Relationships Week with a final challenge!
We encourage you to unplug your devices today and intentionally connect with someone you love. Spending time connecting with yourself also counts!
While technology can help us stay connected, especially during a pandemic, it can also contribute to our disconnection if we aren’t aware of its impact on our relationships and communication with others. Put the phone down today and be present…you may find that you strengthen your relationships and also give yourself a much needed break from technology.
Some ideas to intentionally connect, either with someone or by yourself, without technology today can include:
- Going for a walk
- Playing a board game
- Reading a book
- Working on a task around the house
- Doing something artistic or creative, such as drawing/painting or scrapbooking
- Cooking a meal or a dessert dish
- Sitting in silence and enjoying the space around you
- Journaling and reflecting on what you’re grateful for
End Healthy Relationships Week by putting your phone away today!