In long-term romantic relationships, it’s often the smallest things that can have the biggest impact on the quality of those relationships. Although grand gestures and expensive gifts may be exciting and appreciated, it’s the daily, smaller ways that partners can show they care each other that go a long way toward keeping love and romance alive.
When someone goes out of their way to do something special for their partner, it helps the partner feel important, noticed, and loved. This is a great way to show that you’re paying attention to your partner’s needs and prioritizing your relationship.
Here are just a few ideas of small ways that you could show your partner a little extra love this week:
- Making them breakfast in bed
- Bringing them flowers or a small gift
- Cooking their favorite food for dinner
- Taking them on a lunch date
- Leaving them a short love note or card
- Making time for an extra-long hug when you say good-bye for the day
In relationships, you don’t need to do something extravagant to show your partner that you care. Sometimes, it’s the small things that mean the most.